Stuffed courgettes are a Ligurian regional dish. This recipe is often imitated and varied as each family might easily change the ingredients.
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil
- 2 tablespoons salted capers
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon marjoram
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 50 gr. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 20 gr. pine nuts
- 1 medium tin of tuna in oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 medium-size courgettes
– Wash the zucchini and then boil them in salted water for about 5-7 minutes.
– Meanwhile, cut the bread into cubes and let it soften in a bowl with a tablespoon of milk.
– Clean and chop the onions finely and fry in two tablespoons of oil together with the chopped anchovies.
– Drain the courgettes and let it cool.
– Eliminate the ends of the courgettes and cut them in half lengthwise.
– Empty them with a teaspoon, being careful not to break the skin.
– Add the pulp to the mixture of onion and anchovies, letting it cook for a few minutes.
– Meanwhile chop together bread, drained tuna, pine nuts, capers (previously desalted in water).
– Turn the oven to 180 degrees.
– In a bowl mix all the chopped ingredients: the fried pulp of courgettes, onions and anchovies, Parmesan, marjoram, eggs and pepper. Mix everything well, then add salt.
– Arrange the zucchini filled with the mixture into an oiled baking pan and sprinkle with a little oil.
– Cook in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, until a nice golden crust is formed on top of them.
– When removing from oven, let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
If you want to avoid greasing the pan with the oil, and cook without too much fat, you can use oven paper.