Rome is a city rich in art and stunning views. Here there are some of the points enabling visitors to discover fantastic corners.
– Pincio: the walk starts from above the Spanish Steps and reaches Piazza del Popolo, going through Villa Borghese. While walking it is possible to enjoy a panoramic view over Rome aand from the terrace a magnificent view over Piazza del Popolo with its twin churches. From there just a few steps and you are in the city centre.
– Aventine Hill: from “Giardino degli Aranci” (Orange Garden) it is possible toenjoy a spectacular view over the Tiber.
– Palatine: thanks to its high position, it offers excellent views of the Roman Forum, on one side, and of the Circus Massimo, on the other.
– Vittoriano: from the top of Vittoriano you can enjoy a splendid view over the Roman Forum.
– Dome of St. Peter: from up there, the sight of the area is spectacular.
– Monte Mario: it is located in north-west of Rome, behind the Foro Italico, and has many entrances, including those in Via Gomenizza 81, Via dei Colli della Farnesina, via Parco della Vittoria. The terrace on top of the beautiful mountain offers views of the Roman hills and the Tiber. It includes a beautiful park and 3 villas; one of them houses the astronomical observatory (it is possible to visit it on request).
– Gianicolo: this is a walking path. There is a panoramic view embracing S. Peter, the Vittoriano up to the Aventino. It starts from Trastevere or near Villa Sciarra, and along the way there also is the Temple of Bramante. It isn’t a long walk but if you do not want to walk there are also buses, the numbers 115 and 870. Every day the gun in the terrace on top of the hill fires a shot with blanks, to announce to the Romans it is 12 o’clock. Many people enjoy being present to the ceremony. The most scenic point is Piazza Garibaldi.
– Castel S. Angelo: it has terraces on different levels overlooking the Tiber, which enjoy splendid views .
– Balloon in Villa Borghese: the spectacular view from the balloon is really astonishing. Check the price first because it is really expensive.