FOR THE DOUGH
1 kg of white flour
4 tablespoons of oil
salt and water.
FOR THE FILLING
2 kg. Onion
20 grams of dried mushrooms
100 grams of butter
100 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
salt, pepper and ricotta cheese.
– Peel the onions and leave them in cold water for 15 minutes.
– Then put them in boiling water and boil for 10 minutes.
– Drain, chop coarsely and put them in a pan frying till brown with the dried mushrooms (already soaked in warm water).
– Remove from heat, leave aside until cool and add the grated Parmesan and a pinch of pepper.
– Stir well, so as to obtain a good amalgam.
– Meanwhile, mix the flour with oil, salt and enough water to get the right consistency.
– Knead well and cover with a damp and a dry towel and let it stand for half an hour.
– Roll out the dough into 10 thin sheets and put one of them on a greased and floured pan.
– Brush it with a little oil and cut with a knife the bits of dough going out of the pan.
– Add five more sheets, brush them with more oil between each of them and the next one.
– Then make a layer with the mixture of onions and one with the ricotta, adding bits of butter and seasoning with a pinch of salt, pepper, marjoram and parmesan.
– Cover with the remaining sheets, brushing them with olive oil. Prick the last sheet with a fork, grease it well and cut the cord of duogh that grows from the cake tin.
– Pass in a moderate oven (it would be better bread oven) for about 60 minutes.
– It should turn gold brown.
It can be served, according to taste, warm or cold.